We don’t want to be preachy or boring but this blog is where we share our values and experiences and write about the issues shaping the future of our businesses and our society. Catch a glimpse into our lives and find out what’s new in our world...

Friday 8 February 2013

Tussles in Brussels? Thankfully Not…My First Week at Sustainability Consult



At a Team lunch eating a delicious 
Massaman tofu curry

This week, I began my new role as Communications Assistant at Sustainability Consult.  It is a fairly fast-paced environment and I’ve already had a number of tasks to undertake, such as proofreading, media monitoring and generating ideas for blog posts.  Nevertheless, as the photos from our Team raclette evening testify, my colleagues also know how to let their hair down!

I moved to Brussels recently, having lived in London on-and-off for the last three years.  Although I was sad to leave, the people of my new city have been overwhelmingly friendly and welcoming.  I have admired Belgium ever since I started living in nearby Luxembourg and had the opportunity to visit it on day-trips.  It is nice to have been given the chance to live here.

Besides gaufres and beer, my other Belgian penchants include rock music (of both the Flemish and Walloon variety) and its Dame Blanche dessert.  In fact, I am planning a trip to Vieux Saint-Martin, reputed to serve one of the best Dame Blanches in the city.  As a vegetarian, I have been pleasantly surprised by how many ‘normal’ restaurants cater for me - although it is frustrating that many vegetarian restaurants in Brussels are not open beyond lunchtime.

All in all, I am looking forward to continuing this interesting and challenging new job, as well as exploring this varied, multilingual city (unpredictable weather notwithstanding)…

Blog by Bárbara Mendes-Jorge

No comments:

Post a Comment